- 1 cup diced yams or potato
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite Mexican spice blend
- 2 smoked chorizo or Cajun-style sausages, sliced
- 5 large eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar or Mexican-blend cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with cold water. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and cook for 5 minutes on high; drain.
In an oven-safe skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until just browned. Add onion, pepper, spice blend and sausage and cook for 5 minutes. Add whisked eggs and shake pan to evenly distribute. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
Turn oven to broil and cook for about 5 minutes more (watch closely to prevent burning), or until top is bubbly and golden.
If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with salsa and sour cream.