- 1 (13.5-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup diced candied ginger, divided
- 2 teaspoons matcha (green tea powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Toasted unsweetened coconut for garnish
In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, rice, pineapple, 1/4 cup of the ginger, matcha, salt and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat about 15 minutes or until flavors are combined and mixture thickens.
Add vanilla and simmer one minute. Pour into bowl and garnish with coconut and the remaining candied ginger.
Make this seasonal by garnishing with pomegranate arils or halved maraschino cherries or raspberries.