- 2 teaspoon canola or peanut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 serrano chiles, seeded to reduce heat, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup mango lemonade chutney
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups diced green mango (about 1 large mango)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt to taste
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallot, garlic, chiles and ginger. Cook until tender. Add mustard seeds and garam masala and cook until fragrant. Add brown sugar, lemonade, vinegar and mangos. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until reduced by half and thickened. Add lime juice and season to taste with salt.
This chutney is best when made 1-2 days ahead. Serve with your favorite Indian dishes.