- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus, trimmed*
- 8 thin slices Serrano ham
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Lay one sheet of phyllo out on a flat work surface and brush with melted butter. Lay next sheet on top, brush with butter and repeat with two more layers, brushing top layer with butter as well. Set aside and layer remaining four phyllo sheets in same method.
Cut layered phyllo sheets in half crosswise, making four sheets. Lay two slices of ham on each sheet and sprinkle with cheese. Divide asparagus evenly into four bundles. Wrap phyllo and ham around each bundle so asparagus tips poke out of top and stems are completely wrapped.
Brush outside of phyllo with melted butter.
Arrange bundles on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until asparagus is tender and phyllo is golden brown. Serve hot.
* If using thicker stalks of asparagus, blanch for about 30 seconds in boiling water, then run under cold water to stop cooking. Pat dry with paper towels before wrapping in phyllo.