+ Add to Shopping List
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons jerk seasoning (in our Bulk Foods or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of smoked serrano chili powder to taste (in our Bulk Foods)
- Squeeze of lime juice to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
For the dressing, combine orange juice, red wine vinegar and jerk seasoning. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, whisking as you go. Start with just a pinch of the smoked serrano chili powder (it's hot!). Adjust to your taste. Squeeze in a bit of lime juice, to taste. Add salt and pepper.
Dress salad and chill for a couple hours to let flavors develop before serving.
Recipe from Central Market Poulsbo - Culinary Resource Center
Some products may not be available at all stores.