- 1 (1-lb.) box elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup grated onion, with juice
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain well and transfer to a bowl.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar over hot pasta. Stir well. Mix onion and carrot into pasta.
In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, brown sugar and remaining apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Combine pasta and dressing; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chill and serve cold with your favorite Hawaiian dishes