- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pat halibut fillets dry with paper towels.
Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add halibut and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Add butter, basil, garlic, tomatoes and lemon juice.
Simmer for 2 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. Take care to not overcook. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with rice and garnish with additional basil if desired.