- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary*
- 1 (4-5 pound) boneless leg of lamb
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pita or flat bread
- Tzatziki sauce (available our Deli)
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced cucumbers
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and herbs in a mixing bowl. Untie lamb leg. Lay flat, fat side down. Slice thick end horizontally and open like a book to butterfly (or ask our meat department to butterfly it for you).
Place lamb in a shallow dish and rub marinade all over both sides. Season both sides well with salt and pepper. Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Bring to room temperature before grilling. Grill over medium-high heat until cooked to desired doneness, until internal temperatures reaches 135-140°F for medium. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Thinly slice and serve with pita, tzatziki, tomatoes and cucumbers.
*Or substitute your favorite prepared Greek herb blend.