- 2 large onions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 zucchini
- 2 firm but ripe avocados
- 4 firm but ripe peaches (or 2 mangos)
- 2 lemons
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 2 heads radicchio, quartered through the root
- 4 hearts of romaine
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, or to taste
- Good-quality extra-virgin olive oil for brushing on fruits and vegetables before placing on hot grill
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cover a large sheet pan with foil to prepare vegetables. Have a large platter ready for when they come off the grill. Preheat grill to medium- high and prepare fruit and vegetables. Place the vegetables and fruit on the sheet pan in the order you’ll be placing them on the grill (as listed above). Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill vegetables starting with those that take the longest (in this case, onions and peppers).
When everything has grill lines or is slightly charred, place on platter, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and more pepper if desired. When the grilled lemons are cool enough to handle, squeeze on lemon juice to taste. Sprinkle with feta.
This is great with grilled salmon. Try other combinations - nearly all fruits and vegetables can be grilled.