- 1 1/2 cups green chile sauce (homemade or prepared)
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 10 (8-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Sour cream and shredded lettuce for garnish
Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or brush lightly with oil. In a bowl, combine green chile sauce with 1 cup chicken broth; set aside.
Bring remaining 2 cups broth to a gentle simmer in a small skillet. Working one at a time, very briefly dip tortillas into broth to soften. Lay tortilla on a cutting board and place 2 heaping tablespoons of chicken down the center, then sprinkle lightly with cheese. Roll into a tube and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
Repeat with remaining tortillas, evenly distributing chicken and cheese between them, reserving about 3/4 cup cheese for the topping.
Pour chile sauce mixture over enchiladas and top with cheese. Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and cheese is browned.
Serve topped with sour cream and shredded lettuce.