- 1 pound green beans, blanched and cooled
- 1 (10-oz.) package shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup each chopped mint and flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3/4 cup of your favorite lemon vinaigrette
- 4 pita breads, cut into 2-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine the green beans, edamame, onion, cucumber mint and feta. Toss with lemon vinaigrette.
Place pita pieces on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil to taste and sprinkle with salt. Toast in preheated oven until lightly browned. Add to salad and let the mixture sit for about an hour to blend flavors.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Fattoush is a Levantine Middle Eastern salad, originally from Lebanon, traditionally made with toasted or fried pieces of khubz (a Middle Eastern flatbread) combined with mixed greens and other vegetables.