- 1 1/2 cups Gochujang paste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2-3 pounds flank, skirt, or tri-tip steak
- Green onions for garnish (optional)
- Jasmine rice (optional)
Combine first five ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Pour into a zip-top bag and add steak. Turn bag to coat steak in marinade. Marinate overnight in refrigerator, turning once or twice.
Remove steaks from marinade and pour marinade into a small sauce pan. Bring marinade to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened. Set aside. Broil or grill steaks to desired doneness.
To serve, slice steak thinly and serve on a bed of rice, topped with sauce and green onions.
This marinade also works well with chicken and extra-firm tofu.