- 1 cup whole wheat flour (use brown rice flour for a gluten-free version)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk (substitute milk alternative if desired)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
Mix wet ingredients together separately in another bowl.
To make batter, combine dry and wet ingredients until just combined.
Heat up a non-stick pan or griddle. Pour about 1/4 cup batter or less for each pancake. Flip over when pancake starts to get covered in bubbles. Pancakes are done when beginning to look dry and browned around the edges. Keep warm in oven while making more, if necessary. Serve with a flavored butter and a pure maple syrup or honey.