- 24 ounces firm-flesh fish fillet cut into 8 (3-ounce) portions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Oil for frying
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
Season the fish portions with 1 teaspoon salt and the chile powder. In a large bowl, mix together the coleslaw with green onions, mayonnaise, chipotle chile powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Sauté the fish in oil over medium high heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Place one piece of fish on each tortilla, top with coleslaw and roll up.
This works with any firm fish, such as salmon, halibut, true cod and mahi mahi.