- 1 1/2 pounds skinned, firm fish such as marlin, tuna or swordfish cut into approximately 2-inch squares
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 12 small whole mushrooms
- 1 each yellow pepper and green bell pepper, cut into approximately 1 1/2- inch squares
Combine basil, oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Alternate fish with vegetables on skewers and brush all sides with sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
Place on hot grill or broil until fish flakes easily, about five minutes each side.