- 4 ounces diced Pancetta
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 pound fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups chopped red or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can (13.75-oz.) artichoke bottoms, diced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
Fry pancetta in heavy pot until crisp. Remove and set aside.
Add oil and sauté fennel and onions until soft. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, artichoke bottoms, fennel seeds, bay leaves and broth. Simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender and flavors are developed.
Add pancetta and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.