- 2 bagels, split and toasted
- 4 eggs
- 1 firm slicing tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon or cottage bacon
- 1/2 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 (13.7-ounce) can British-style beans in tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Brown sauce or hot sauce (optional)
Warm beans in a sauce pan and keep warm over low heat. Heat another sauté pan over medium-high and place tomato slices in dry pan to char on one side. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe pan if necessary. Add bacon to pan and cook through. Remove from pan and set aside. Pour off bacon grease and add butter and olive oil. Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until browned.
Season mushrooms with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Remove from pan, set aside and wipe pan clean. Add a bit more oil to pan and reduce heat to medium low. Crack eggs into pan and cook to desired doneness. Top each bagel half with bacon, mushrooms, a slice of tomato and a fried egg. Top generously with beans. Serve with sauce.