- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place farro in a large serving bowl and add tomato, basil and mozzarella. Separately whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper until well combined. Lightly dress the farro salad with vinaigrette. Stir gently and serve at room temperature.
This salad is great served alongside grilled salmon or as a delicious picnic option.