- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Hawaiian salt, red or white
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or shoyu
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 pound fresh sashimi grade tuna
- Sesame seeds for garnish
Combine first eight ingredients in a large bowl.
Cut tuna into roughly 1/2-inch cubes. Add tuna to dressing and gently toss to coat. Adjust seasoning to taste. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to two hours before serving.
Optional additions include your favorite hot sauce, mayonnaise, seaweed (ogo, wakame or hijiki), togarashi (Japanese chili powder blend), furikake (Japanese rice seasoning), tobiko (fish roe), chopped macadamia nuts, avocado, cucumber, radish or chopped fresh chiles