- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Add butter to a 10-inch, ovenproof skillet and place in oven while making batter.
Whisk flour and salt together in a mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla.
Add flour to wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
Carefully remove hot skillet from oven and swirl butter to coat.
Add batter and bake until puffed and golden, 10-12 minutes.
Serve hot, topped with strawberries and dusted with powdered sugar.