- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can refried black beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Sour cream to garnish
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Stir in onion and sauté until limp.
Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
Add paprika, cumin, oregano, coriander and cayenne and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients except sour cream and simmer for 30 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream.