- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 2 cups crushed thin potato chips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yogurt or buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons dried ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup minced dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
Heat oven to 400°F.
Cut chicken into 2-inch chunks. Pour pickle juice over chicken pieces and brine for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Mix all Ranch Sauce ingredients in a bowl and chill.
Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towels. Crush potato chips into crumbs. Add dried chicken pieces to the crumbs and toss to coat. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet sprayed with pan spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Serve with sauce.
This recipe is equally delicious with salmon, cod or halibut.