- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 links Andouille sausage, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (Bulk Foods)
- 1 pound medium prawns (51/60), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra, thawed (use fresh if available)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cooked rice to serve
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-heat.
Add onion, pepper and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
Add garlic and sausage and cook for 5 minutes or until sausage is browned.
Combine flour and Cajun seasoning.
Add prawns and toss to coat, shaking off excess flour.
Add prawns to pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add okra and broth. Cook for 2 more minutes, then add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes to heat through.
Adjust seasoning and serve over rice.