- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1-2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (Bulk Foods)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1-2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
Heat butter and oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and red pepper – sauté for two minutes. Add rice and continue to sauté for an additional two minutes. Add Cajun seasoning – stir to evenly coat vegetables and rice. Add tomatoes and one cup stock.
Cover and gently simmer for 20 minutes. Check to see if rice has absorbed all moisture. If rice is not tender, add additional stock and continue cooking for an additional 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.