- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
- 1 1/3 pound shrimp
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cran-apple Juice
- 4 teaspoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shallots and sauté until tender.
Mix together flour, salt and curry powder, then toss shrimp in mixture and shake off any excess.
Add shrimp to pan and cook until they just start to turn pink (they should not be cooked through). Remove from pan and set aside.
Add wine and reduce by half. Add red pepper and juice and cook for about 4 minutes, until reduced by half and thickened.
Return shrimp to pan and add extract. Cook for about 3 more minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through. Add parsley and almonds.
Serve over rice or pasta.