- 2 cups panko bread crumbs, divided
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Oil for frying
Mix one cup of panko with all remaining ingredients except the oil. Divide into six or eight equal portions and shape each into a cake about an inch thick. Make sure the cake is well pressed together. Lightly coat each cake with the remaining panko. Chill for 20-30 minutes before cooking.
Heat 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, place 3-4 cakes in pan and fry until bottom is golden brown (about four minutes). Gently flip cakes and fry on other side for 4-5 minutes until browned. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining cakes.
Serve hot with your favorite topping or sauce.