- 4 (6-8 ounce) cod fillets, or other flaky white fish
- 1 (12 ounce) jar spicy mango chutney*, divided
- 1 (1 pound) bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place fillets in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
Pour chutney over fish, reserving 2 tablespoons.
Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Heat broiler to high and place rack in upper third of oven.
Place fish on a broiler-safe baking dish and broil, basting with reserved chutney, for 5-7 minutes, or until just cooked through.
Place asparagus in boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, until bright green and tender but still crisp.
Drain well, arrange on a platter and season with salt and pepper.
Place fish over asparagus and garnish with mango wedges.
*If substituting mild chutney, avoid those labeled 'sweet chutney."