+ Add to Shopping List
- 3-3 1/2 pound round tip or eye of round roast
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Olive oil
- 2 pounds red or Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into one-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small red onion, sliced into one-inch wedges
- 6-8 whole cloves garlic
Bring roast to room temperature. Use a mortar and pestle or spice grinder to grind bay leaves to a coarse powder and combine in a small bowl with salt and pepper. Add just enough olive oil to make a paste. Rub over roast. Heat oven to 350°F. Place vegetables and garlic in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and place in oven. Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan to medium-high and coat lightly with oil. Brown roast well on all sides. Place roast in roasting pan with vegetables. Roast about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until desired doneness (use a meat thermometer and remove from oven 5-10 degrees below desired temperature). When roast is done, remove from pan and cover loosely with foil for 10-15 minutes. If necessary, return vegetables to oven to finish cooking while roast rests. Slice roast thinly against the grain and serve with vegetables.
Save the leftovers for roast beef sandwiches!
Recipe from Central Market Poulsbo - Culinary Resource Center
Some products may not be available at all stores.