- 4 ounces Chantaboon rice noodles
- Vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup prawns, chicken or fried tofu
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons salted radish, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup prepared pad Thai sauce
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots and/or red cabbage
- Cilantro sprigs
- Fresh lime wedges
- 1/4 cup ground roasted peanuts
To soften noodles, soak in warm water for 30 minutes, or until soft. Drain and set aside, covered with a wet dishtowel.
Add a small amount of oil to a large skillet or wok.
Stir-fry chicken or prawns, garlic and radish until meat is just cooked through.
Add pad Thai sauce.
Add softened noodles and cook until noodles are heated through and have absorbed most of sauce, adding more oil only if necessary.
When noodles are hot, make a well in center and add egg. Stir to coat and allow egg to cook completely.
Add more sauce if needed.
Serve hot, topped with fresh sprouts, shredded carrots/cabbage, cilantro, lime wedges and peanuts.