- 4 large, ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup marinated black olives
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/3 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place dressing ingredients into a jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to blend. Place all salad ingredients except cheese in a bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. Top with feta just before serving.
Other optional ingredients include torn fresh basil leaves, chopped fresh mint, finely minced garlic, and thickly sliced and chopped salami.