- 1 ounced sliced black fungus (about 1/2 cup)
- 12-15 dried lily flowers
- 2 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms, or 1/4 cup
- sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms (stems removed)
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 ounces sliced bamboo shoots
- 6 ounces soft tofu, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dark rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
Soak black fungus, dried lily and dried shiitake (if using) in 1/2 cup hot water each. When soft, trim tough ends from lily flowers and remove stems from shiitake mushrooms. Slice all and reserve soaking water.
Bring stock to a boil in a large pot. Add bamboo shoots, tofu, black fungus, lily flowers, shiitake mushrooms and soy sauce. Reduce heat to a simmer.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved soaking water. Add to simmering pot and stir well until soup begins to thicken.
Add sesame oil to beaten eggs. Add egg mixture to simmering pot in a swirling motion and do not stir. Allow eggs to set for 1 minute. Turn off heat.
Add rice vinegar and white pepper, stir and adjust seasoning as needed.
Serve hot, garnished with sliced green onions and cilantro.