- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 teaspoons fresh Chinese green tea leaves
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (such as tea seed oil from Bulk Foods)
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 head butter lettuce, or a few handfuls of baby spinach leaves
Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté chicken until cooked, about 5 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
To make dressing, steep tea leaves in rice vinegar for about 20 minutes. Strain and discard leaves. Add remaining sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar and oil. Mix well.
Combine chicken, almonds and water chestnuts.
Toss with dressing and serve over greens.