- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced crimini or white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
Place flour, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
Remove and add onion and mushrooms. Sauté until browned, about 5 minutes.
Add broth, lemon juice, tarragon, artichokes, sherry and chicken.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes, until chicken is done and onions are very tender.