- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Combine flour, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
Dredge chicken, shaking off excess.
In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter with oil.
Brown chicken on both sides, four at a time so pan is not crowded.
Remove partially cooked chicken to a warm plate and repeat with remaining thighs.
Reduce heat to medium and add capers, stock and wine, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan.
Add lemon juice and zest.
Correct seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Return chicken to pan and cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
Remove chicken to a warmed platter.
Whisk remaining 3 tablespoons butter into sauce.
Add parsley and pour over chicken.