- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped mint and cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Ghee or clarified butter
Mix together panko, yogurt and egg. Add chicken, mint, cilantro, ginger, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Thoroughly combine but do not overmix. Form into small balls and chill for 30 minutes (in a single layer, or layers separated with plastic wrap).
Heat ghee in a nonstick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning frequently, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
To complete the meal, pour prepared curry simmer sauce over meatballs and heat through. Serve over basmati rice and garnish with mango chutney.