- 11/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons divided Fajita spice blend (Bulk Foods) or your favorite spice blend
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour tortillas, warmed
Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime, and 2 tablespoons fajita spice blend in a plastic bag. Add chicken and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Season onions and peppers with remaining tablespoon fajita seasoning. Sauté onions and peppers over medium-high heat until tender and starting to brown. Remove and keep warm. Remove chicken from marinade (discard the marinade) and cook chicken in the same skillet over high heat for 5 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F. Return peppers and onions to the skillet and heat through. Adjust seasoning.
Serve in warmed tortillas with our Pico de Gallo, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.