- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7-ounce) can salsa verde
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 9 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro (optional)
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Spray a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Combine onion, cilantro, garlic and salsa verde in a blender; blend until smooth. Add chicken broth; pulse to combine.
Stir together shredded chicken and cream cheese in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup salsa verde mixture. Lay three tortillas across bottom of pan and top evenly with half of chicken mixture. Layer three more tortillas over top, then cover with remaining chicken and three more tortillas. Pour remaining salsa mixture over; sprinkle with queso fresco and chili powder.
Bake at 400˚F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.