- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (30-oz.) bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 (12-oz.) container condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups of your favorite cheese
- 1 1/2 cups corn flake cereal
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine onions, garlic, hash browns, condensed soup, sour cream, 1 1/2 cups of cheese and salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 baking dish and cover with remaining cheese.
Melt butter and combine with corn flakes. Sprinkle that mixture over casserole.
Bake for 45 minutes, covered. Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown.