- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons finely diced dill pickle
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 medium leek (about 1/2 pound), white and pale green parts only, halved, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, red onion and pickle.
Whisking constantly, slowly add oil.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
Add cauliflower and boil for about 3 minutes.
Add leek and boil 1-2 minutes longer, until cauliflower and leek are just tender.
Drain and immediately submerge in cold water to stop cooking. Drain well.
Toss cauliflower and leeks with parsley and vinaigrette.
Adjust seasoning to taste.
Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes, or cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.