- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yam, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup onion
- 1/2 cup apple, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cups diced ham
- 5 large eggs, whisked with 1 tablespoon water until fluffy
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (available in our Bulk Foods), divided; or your favorite Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt butter in a 10-inch, oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add yam and onion. Cook for about 10 minutes or until yam is almost tender. Add ham and apple and cook for five minutes.
Whisk 2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning into eggs, pour over ham mixture and shake pan to evenly distribute. Sprinkle with both cheeses. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn oven to broil and cook for about 5 minutes more (watch closely as it can burn quickly), or until bubbly and golden on top.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning.