- 4 strips thinly sliced bacon
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced Roma tomato
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fry bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
Remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons of the drippings, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
Add the reserved drippings back to the same skillet and sauté the onion over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
Add the corn kernels and sauté 2 minutes. Add the red pepper, tomatoes and cream and simmer about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are done to your liking.
Add thyme, hot pepper sauce and green onions and season to taste with salt and pepper.