- 6 eggs
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf crusty sourdough bread, cubed
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, ricotta, Gorgonzola, salt and cayenne until well blended.
In a small bowl, combine onion, tomatoes, bacon and rosemary. Arrange half of bread in a 9 x 13-inch dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon half of tomato mixture over bread. Pour half of egg mixture over tomato mixture. Repeat with remaining bread, egg and tomato mixtures. Sprinkle with paprika and Parmesan.
Cover and refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
Bake, covered, at 350°F for 45-60 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Top with additional chopped tomatoes and Gorgonzola if desired. Fresh fruit is also a great accompaniment.