- 2 pieces bacon, diced
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat broiler to high.
In a saucepan or large skillet, brown bacon, then add onion and garlic, and sauté until translucent.
Add tomato and sage; sauté one minute. Add pork and brown on all sides. Add beans and broth. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
Simmer 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir in diced green onion and transfer mixture to a baking dish.
Broil for five minutes.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.