- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets (about 1 broccoli crown)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, thinly sliced on the diagonal carrots
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Zest and juice of 1 orange, or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste (Asian Foods section)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts*
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, stir in the broccoli and carrots and season with salt. Sauté about 2-3 minutes or until broccoli and carrots are crisp-tender. In a small bowl, stir together the sauce ingredients. Add to the skillet and stir fry until thickened. Top with walnuts.
This makes an excellent side dish for fish, meat or poultry.
* To toast walnuts, heat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts in a shallow dish and cook until fragrant and lightly browned (about 10 minutes).