- 1 cup barley
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 6 sliced green onions
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons finely minced cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook barley according to package directions. Cool to room temperature.
Place barley, peas, pepper, tomatoes, onions and corn in a large bowl.
Whisk together ingredients for dressing. Drizzle over salad and toss gently to coat.