- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 1 cup trimmed, 1-inch pieces of asparagus
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cups coarsely chopped baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook, stirring frequently, until pasta starts to soften, about seven minutes.
Add asparagus. When pasta and asparagus are tender, add peas and spinach. Drain.
In a skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil until just sizzling and golden. Add tomatoes; cook until mixture is thick enough to coat pasta, about 4-5 minutes.
Add cream and cook for another two minutes. Return vegetables and pasta to pot. Add sauce, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
Sprinkle each serving with cheese.