- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 3/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
Bring water and salt to a boil in a large pot. Add asparagus and boil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Do not overcook.
Remove to a bowl of ice water, or run under cold water to prevent further cooking. Drain well. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
In a small, deep bowl, make the dressing by combining walnuts, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and green onions. Pour dressing over asparagus and toss to coat.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.