- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each allspice, ground cloves and cayenne
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups peeled and diced Asian pears (about three)
- 2 cups peeled and diced Granny Smith or other tart apple (about 1-2)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
Toast the spices for about 2 minutes or until fragrant in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2-2 hours, or reduced to about 3 pints, and thick. Chutney should be stored in the refrigerator for at least three days before using.
Excellent served with pork, ham, chicken or cheese.