- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame or peanut oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 4 large sliced shiitake or white mushrooms
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon dry
- 1 cup frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 cup ginger-sesame (or your favorite) stir-fry sauce
- 1 bundle soba noodles, cooked according to package directions
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Chicken will not be completely done. Add onion, pepper and stir-fry vegetables; cook for about 3 minutes or until tender crisp. Add mushrooms, cook for another 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook for about 3 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.
Note: If you ask the butcher to cut up the chicken for you, dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! This recipe is also great with beef or shrimp and it makes great leftovers, so feel free to double it.