- 4-5 pounds baby back pork ribs (about 2 racks)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 1 rounded tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups molasses
- 2 (2-inch) cinnamon sticks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oven to 350°F.
Season ribs generously with salt and pepper. Combine remaining ingredients in a roasting pan and stir. Add ribs. Place pan over two burners and bring to a simmer. Cover with foil and transfer to oven.
Bake for one hour, and then carefully turn ribs over. Return to oven and bake uncovered for about one more hour, turning ribs every 15-20 minutes, until a knife slides in and out between ribs with no tugging and ribs are nicely glazed. Serve from the oven or finish on the grill with a few extra bastings of glaze. Serve hot.